Sunday, September 30, 2007

A Little About Love



This weekend, I attended a retreat lead by Brennan Manning. Four sessions later, I find myself reflective, with a renewed understanding of how thoroughly and deeply I am loved by my Abba...and how everything else pales in comparison. The sessions were intimate, maybe 100 or so people, and together we were discipled by this brother who posesses an unmatched passion for the transforming love of Jesus. He's pretty old and there were moments when I feared his gusto just might give him a heart attack! I am still processing all the insights, but here are a few that have stuck with me...

* I am LOVEd as I am, not as I should be
* My primary identity is being Abba's child
* Jesus is LOVE whether I am in a state of grace or disgrace
* The meaning of our religion is LOVE
* LOVE one another as I have LOVEd you

Brennan is humble, witty, and transparent...I could not help but be attracted to him. He exudes freedom, grace, and love and he claims this is because he knows his Abba and knows who he is...Abba's child.

I highly recommend The Ragamuffin Gospel if you've never read one of his books. (Just wanted to mention that I now own a signed copy!)

6 comments:

jason k said...

ok that sounds like the coolest retreat ever. those are truths that i will be gradually believing for, uh, the next 6 or 7 decades, if not longer. i'm so glad you got to go--that is awesome.

The McKays said...

wow sounds amazing. I always enjoy being refreshed about God's character. What an incredible retreat!

Stacey said...

Hi Ang....what a cool retreat you got to be a part of. I love reading all our blogs and learning more about you!

Sheyb said...

You have left us again! LOL. What have you been up to lately?

Sheyb said...

Angel... where are you??? I am missing posts!

Sheyb said...

So... I have another blog to add to your list. LOL. Since I can't upload movies to the blog made for me, I now how:

The Benner Movie Reel

http://bennermoviereel.blogspot.com/

Just an FYI. :)