Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yes, I am alive


Wow! It has been a long time since I've posted. For all of you that were wondering, I am alive. If you are reading this, I am amazed at your perseverance. You still check in despite my extended silence.

This summer has been busy with vacations, birthdays, summer school, and job hunting. Summer is officially over as I start my new job on Tuesday. No, I will not be teaching. I was hired to be an educational therapist for the Center for Learning and Behavior Solutions. Basically, I will be working one-on-one with special needs students on their school sites. I am really excited for it seems that this position will really utilize my strengths and my experiences. We'll see how it goes.

The goal is to work this year, pay off my car, and save money. If things go as planned, I will be entering a clinical psychology program in Fall of '08. Just thinking about it gets me pumped!

On a side note, my nephew, Jeremiah, has been in my life a lot more recently (he lived in Oklahoma his first two years because that is where my brother went to school and has now moved home). I just wanted to say that being an aunt is the best thing in the world. I don't have to fight with him to finish his dinner. I don't have to clean up his messes. I don't have to discipline him. I simply get to play with him and enjoy him and then give him back to his mom and dad once he gets ornery. It's a pretty sweet deal...for me at least! :)

3 comments:

Sheyb said...

Woo Hoo! A new post! :) Glad to hear you are still alive. ;) Hey, can you email me your email address? shealynn@gmail.com

Miss ya!

The McKays said...

i check your blog often and all i have to say is, 'it's about time!' :) glad you are back on. your year sounds amazing; totally up your alley. keep us posted! jeremiah is freakin adorable and he looks just like you; totally has your smile.

jason and lindsey said...

ang,

i too check you bog at least once a day, not really expecting to see a new post, but yet hoping to hear thoughts from that briliant brain of yours. thanks for posting. no pressure to post often, but i always love to have a peak into your thoughts!

miss you!

lins