Sunday, September 9, 2007

Where's the off button?







Cayla (my roomie) really ministered to my heart this morning. She arranged to have us borrow two bikes from some friends in Huntington Beach and we road from their house down to Corona Del Mar and back. I had so much fun trying to avoid being run over, taking in the beautiful views, riding the ferry, and hanging out with a great friend. The pictures don't really do it justice, but it really couldn't have been a more gorgeous day.

I have been feeling so blah. My sister and Jay left this week and I've just really been feeling their absence and thinking a lot about my friendships. Who are my friends? Who would consider me their friend? What friendships do I really want to work to keep deepening? What ones am I okay to step back from? I really wish there was an off button to this brain of mine in times like these. :) So Cayla's tour of the beautiful Southern California coast allowed my brain to rest and I was able to step outside of my blahhness. It was just what I needed!

6 comments:

jason and lindsey said...

ang, what a fun day!!! both you and cay look so beautiful! i really wish i could have been there with the two of you. what a good friend cayla is to you. i am grateful! i will be praying for you as your mind is swirling with questions regarding friendship. good thoughts. may He help you find your off button when need be.
lins

Sheyb said...

What fun!! Pictures are beautiful! I hear you about friendships and uncertainty. Cayla! Wow! She looks great!! So do you Ang! ;)

Kimmy said...

i read your blog...i can find us two bikes. I want to do this ride. Stat.

angelina joy said...

Could this be Kimmy D? I am so intrigued by the mystery. Whoever you are, I am up for a ride most weekends.

The McKays said...

hooray for good friends. ang, i totally resonate with your musings on the loss (or change?) of familial relationships. i so wish shannon and i lived closer. it's so hard. you are a great friend, an amazing woman. anyone would be honored to be close to you. :) love you.

Jeff and Sarah said...

Angel, my friend! It is so wonderful to get to see how your life has been going and I have missed you so. Your post reminded me of a Michael W. Smith song that I thought I'd share with you:

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can’t believe the hopes He’s granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem you’ve gone
’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the Lord’s the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
’cause the welcome will not end
Though it’s hard to let you go
In the father’s hands we know
That a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love God’s given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you’ll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem you’ve gone
’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus

Love you, Angel!!

<3 Sarah